When you are doing a paint project at home and need the walls to be dry soon as you have to rearrange the furniture, you will think of ways to increase the drying. You will probably turn on the ceiling fan or use a mover. Air mover vs fan , do these have separate, distinct features? Or are both the same? Let’s find out!
Air movers are also known as blowers. Movers are used to getting direct airflow, and there are many instances in our daily life in which we could see the participation of a mover in the garden or household. Mainly there are two types of blowers named centrifugal and axial. Usually, the axial fans are referred to by the name fan. In your household, there may be ceiling fans, wall-mounted fans, table fans, and pedestal fans. You surely must have seen an exhaust fan just above the kitchen stove. There are also tower fans and bladeless fabs in the current market.
Air Movers vs Fans
There are many differences in the processing of an air mover and a fan. Therefore, these two machines are used for different purposes, although they both expel air. Knowing the differences between air movers vs fans would give you an idea when choosing the relevant item for your work.
Air movers vs fans have got structural and functional variations. We have listed the differences between the two here.
- An air mover is used to get a straight air flow with a huge volume in one direction. Therefore, used when pointing to a specific area. But the functioning of a fan is based on the circulation of air in its surrounding.
- Movers have a pressure ratio that lies between 1.11 and 1.2. The fan’s pressure ratio is 1.11. The pressure ratio is the ratio between the pressure of expelled air and the inlet pressure of the device. Higher pressure ratios result in maximum efficiency compared to low ratios. But generally, a device with a higher-pressure ratio will have an engine that weighs more than that of a low-ratioed device.
- The amount of electrical power required in the processing is also a major factor that resembles the difference between an air blower and a fan. A blower consumes more electrical power, whereas fans consume less. Approximately the usual power consumption of a fan is nearly in between 7 watts to 40 watts. An electric air blower uses about 400watts – 700 watts per hour.
- Fans produce a lower flow of air when compared to the airflow made by a mover.
- As we discussed in a frontline paragraph, the types of both movers and fans vary and come in various sizes. There is a range of power in both types.
- Air movers are used widely in ventilations, removing the smells from a certain environment, for drying and repairs in waterways, for instance. Fans are used to circulate the air inside an interior or a certain place.
- Air movers have impellers to rotate, while fans contain blades for rotation.
- As air blowers are directed in one direction, they are more suitable to use in a small area. But we can use a fan to ventilate a larger space.
- Air movers are appropriate to use for cleaning, drying, and ventilation. Fans can be used to cool the air in a room.
- Blowers should be placed in the margin of a room with a minimum distance of 6 inches from the surface of the walls if it is used for ventilation purposes and for better performance. You can place a fan anywhere in the room for ventilation purposes.
- Fans can reduce fire, and fire fighters to use fans for fire extinguishing. But a blower could increase a fire as its airflow is in one direction.
Is an Air Mover Better Than a Fan?
As described in this paragraph, it is your choice to select between an air blower and a fan depending on your desire. A price of an air mover lies from around $75- $1500. The price of a fan lies between $50-$300. Botha mover and a fan could be used for approximately 20+ years if you have purchased from a reputed brand. Always remember to check the reviews before purchasing a suitable fan or a mover.
Can You Leave Air Mover Overnight?
Air movers can be kept all night working. These devices do not generate and catch fire. Therefore, you do not need to be worried about letting a blower on.
How Long does It Take an Air Mover to Dry Carpet?
A blower would take a time between three to six hours to dry a carpet completely.
Do Fans Improve Air Quality?
Installation of fans can increase breathable cool air in your household. When you want to improve the air composition inside a house, you should install exhaust fans, and most importantly, the fans should be established in the perimeter of the room or the house.
How Many Air Movers Do I Need?
When you are planning to do a cleaning process to dry up your carpets, it will need a mover for every 300 square feet. When your floor is not carpeted, you will need one air blower for each 400-500 square foot.
What Type of Fan Moves the Most Air?
The axial fans are the pioneers of air moving.
Do Running Fans Help AC?
Fans have the ability to increase the efficiency of an air conditioning machine. Therefore, it is a way of cutting monthly expenditures without affecting your comfort.
What is CFM Air Mover?
CFM is the abbreviated form of cubic feet per minute, also called the airflow of a mover or fan. A device with a CFM value between 4000-5000 is considered favorable.
This article helps you to distinguish between air movers and fans. We have discussed each difference presented here in detail. The type that you need to purchase will vary according to your desire. You will have a clear understanding of choosing the suitable device for your requirements after referring to the info given here.
You May Also Like
- What Is Water Mitigation – Water Mitigation Vs Water Damage Restoration
- How To Remove Exterior Caulk From Brick ? Complete Guide